Strategic Initiative Topic : Jobs & PeopleTulsa's regional economy has prospered through the creation of 10,000 new jobs paying a minimum of $45,500/year.
1) Goal 1 - Assist with the creation of new jobs through business retention and expansion (BRE) of existing companies.
2) Goal 2 - Facilitate the creation of new jobs through attracting new businesses to the Tulsa Region..
3) Goal 3 - The Small Business and Entrepreneur Programs offered by the Tulsa Regional Chamber meet critical needs of small businesses and entrepreneurs in the Tulsa region.
Strategic Initiative Topic : Regional AdvocacyThe Tulsa region continuously achieves its public policy agenda at the local, state and federal level.
1) Goal 1 - Build and maintain regional legislative coalitions.
2) Goal 2 - Achieve local and regional legislative success.
Strategic Initiative Topic : Education and WorkforceThe Tulsa region develops, attracts and retains a well-educated and trained workforce. Strategic
1) Goal 1 - Advocate for expansion of high-quality early childhood opportunities, parenting education programs and children's health care..
2) Goal 2 - The public schools (preK-12) in the Tulsa region will rank among the best in student performance when compared to urban areas nationwide.
3) Goal 3 - The Tulsa region's post-secondary education and training institutions will prepare and grow an educated and skilled workforce to meet the demands of a changing economy.
4) Goal 4 - Attract and retain a skilled workforce to meet the needs of the Tulsa region's economy
Tulsa is recognized as a destination of choice.
Strategic Initiative Topic : Community Development
1) Goal 1 - Downtown Tulsa will be a choice destination for businesses, retail, entertainment, and housing creating a vibrant center of activity and an economic generator.
2) Goal 2- The Arkansas River will be a regional asset with well-planned recreational, commercial, retail and residential development creating a popular public place while providing a regional economic impact.